Fiberglass garage doors – Fiberglass garage doors are not as common as garage doors made of wood, steel or aluminum. These ports comprise mixed aluminum structure with fiberglass panels. Some prefer this material over conventional alternatives because fiberglass is lighter, and relatively inexpensive, but it is not the best option.
This some advantages of fiberglass garage doors are:
- This was made to mimic the look and texture of wood, now comes in different wood pattern as well, such as oak, mahogany and cherry.
- The new design has a steel structure in fiberglass panel garage door.
- This material works very well in the tropics where they effectively resist corrosion caused by salt saturated air that flows from the sea coast.
While Disadvantages of fiberglass garage doors are:
- Garage doors made of this material not susceptible to smaller teeth than your car.
- Fiberglass doors give poor insulation, especially during winter, which is not the case when compared to glass fiber insulation that is considered highly efficient.
- The doors are deformed and easily broken during both cold and warm weather, which makes it clear.
However, the quality of recent fiberglass garage doors products for new and better starts to appear on the market, which boasts the improvements.